“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21). In her book Me and My Big Mouth, Joyce Meyer lays out eye opening precepts that bring this verse to life in a new way. Although the Bible clearly states that the tongue is a little part of the body which should be taken very seriously, it is only too easy to overlook this sage counsel. Enter Me and My Big Mouth. Meyer shares how her personal life and ministry were transformed after she cultivated a habit of intentionally speaking God’s word over all that pertained to her and her family. She even shares some of her life changing Word declarations to illustrate her points. I first picked up the book on a friend’s recommendation, and now wholeheartedly encourage you to do the same. And while you’re at it, draft some Word declarations of your own for 2020 and beyond. May you experience God’s power in a new way as you do so!
Sample Word Declarations:
- The Lord will have compassion on us and favor us, for the appointed time has come (Ps 102:13)
- God is doing a new thing in our lives; making a roadway in the wilderness and rivers in the desert (Is 43:19)
- We are new creatures in Christ; old things have passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Cor. 5:17)
- We are dead to sin and alive unto righteousness (Rom 6:11)
- We have been set free; we are free to love, to worship, to trust with no fear of rejection or of being hurt (John 8:36; Rom 8:1)
- We are believers who walk in faith, not doubters (Mark 5:36)
Check out Me and My Big Mouth here.
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.